Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 80 - (10/06) Terre Haute, IN

This was an extra long drive day.  The effort was rewarded by a beautiful KOA campground in Terre Haute.


This is the Springfield KOA.  We're getting ready to leave.
Site #53 at Springfield/Route 66 KOA campground


Here's a little treasure.  Try The Hen House, it's a fun little family restaurant off I-44 in Bourbon, MO, southwest of St. Louis.  We stopped there for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed it.


We drove the I-270/I-255 outer belt to avoid St. Louis traffic.  The Jefferson Barracks Bridge and views of the Mississippi River offered quite a welcome to Indiana.
Jefferson Barracks Bridge (at St. Louis) - Mississippi River
Barges on Mississippi River
We arrived at the KOA campground at around 7pm.  It's nicely secluded, located in a woods off I-70.  They have a small restaurant (very unusual) and many amenities.  We ordered pizza from the restaurant (made from scratch, not a box); it was excellent!  This campground joins a growing list of great ones we've found on the way home.


Map Tracks
Start:  Springfield/Route 66 KOA - Springfield, MO
Northeast on I-44 to I-270 at St. Louis
East on I-270 to I-255
East on I-255 to I-70
East on I-70 to Terre Haute, IN
End:  402 miles @ Terre Haute KOA - Terre Haute, IN

No comments:

Post a Comment